We’re starting to live in a world where we see each other through screens. A place where you have to “make things work” with what you have. A place where many don’t know how they’re going to feed their families next or when they’re going to be able to go back to work. Yes, times are tough, but yes, there are other opportunities that we have in front of us….
This is not a negative post, this is a positive post because we still have many opportunities, even in a time like this.
- We have the opportunity to plan our life. Literally, time has stopped, we don’t have anywhere to be except for being home and many of us have the opportunity to be with family (even if not extended family) and plan for what are your expectations and your goals for the future.
- Focusing on your skills - Are you going to start a side gig? Applying skills that you have already? Are you going to learn something new in the next year? Are you going to study something?
- Connecting with people – Are you going to make connections with people? Are you going to do good deeds while we are all needing something… I’m not even talking about strangers, but friends and family that might need your help for something…
- Asking for help… If you need help with something, are you going to ask for help? There are a ton of resources and tools online and there are so many that are free, so money is not even an issue…Like taking courses, for example.
- At home organization - Or, you can also choose to do something productive at home… Are you going to do a deep cleaning of your house? Or maybe get rid of things you no longer need?
This is so deep, like you don’t even need to block off the time. For many, if you have children older than 3, you can even make them part of the planning process.
Literally, this is the best time to do anything you want. Even in this crazy time, there are opportunities everywhere …
When else are you going to get an opportunity to focus on yourself and do anything you want to do. There is nothing open, so might as well make the best of the time that you have at home. You might have already finished those books on your nightstand from the library, you might not be able to go anywhere, so what do you do?
Do you watch the news all day and wonder what is going to happen in the next few days, in the next months, in the next year? Or do you take control of YOUR situation, take care of YOUR family and do something productive that will have lasting effects on your life!
Like, for real…. We need to shift our reality to what we have in the present moment.
Now, I’m not saying things are going to be easy, NOT AT ALL! But anything easy is not worth fighting for and anything easy is not valued. Think about sports, when you’re watching a game or even playing against an easy opponent, you don’t value those wins, you get the feeling that, “Eh, yeah we won, but it wasn’t as special…” The reason for that is because we don’t value things that are easy, we value things that are hard, that are challenging…
Or when you went to school, if you really had to study for a test and you applied yourself, maybe even pulled an all-nighter, how does if feel when you get a satisfactory grade? Much better and much more REWARDING than if you just took the easiest test of your life!
Get the point?
So yeah, things are difficult, but it’s time to embrace the difficulty and the hard things that we gotta do to make things work and to make things matter.
Look, I’m experiencing a time of my life when I’m the MOST tired. I seriously feel like I’m going to fall asleep all day. But guess what? This is my new reality and I’m embracing it. Being with my kids has been the biggest blessing. We get to play more than ever… At night, I get to work and sometimes I don’t go to sleep until 2:00am. And yes, I chose this and I absolutely love it. I’m living in the present moment and making the best of it.
So I invite you, to make the best of this situation. If you’re challenging with making extra cash for your family, get a side gig that can get you some cash. There are places that are hiring like Amazon or grocery delivery services, or online education, anything that you can do…
But most importantly, get closer to your family, live in the present moment and no matter what happens, love your life at every stage. Every stage and every phase is an opportunity for growth and this is a perfect time for it…
Tell me in the comments below, what do you see as your biggest opportunities right now, what are you doing to make the best of those opportunities???
All my best,