Sometimes, as moms we are struggling to keep our kids happy and to stay happy ourselves. Society sometimes looks at us and expects us to be amazing moms, great wives, be on our “A” game when it comes to the workplace, just be awesome all the time. It is not realistic, we can’t always deliver on every level and that can be frustrating for some people.
But look, everyone needs to feel supported, not everyone is going to have positive and marvelous days all the time. I will give you just 5 things you can do to keep your positive spirit. You don’t have to practice those mindset changes all the time, just take one at a time…
- When something bad happens, don’t collect the garbage… There are going to be things that happen throughout your day that are not going to be positive. How will you react? Will you collect the garbage or will you turn it into a positive? Like for example, you’re driving and someone cuts you off… do you curse out the driver or do you bless him and say have a nice day?
When it comes to being at home, we are under so much stress from what is happening. Do you collect all the garbage or do you train your mind to meditate, pray and light up good energy into the world?
- Exercise.. When you exercise you release endorphins, which in turn trigger a positive feeling in the body. This allows you to have positive thoughts. If you exercise regularly, you’re constantly fueling your body with more positive feelings, in turn you get more positive thoughts.
- Meditate… I’m not really good at meditating, but meditating has been proven to connect with your subconscious and give you a calm feeling. Something that allows you to clear your mind and have positive thoughts. I've been practicing it recently and OMG! I absolutely love this!
- Practice positive language: Avoid negative thoughts so that your mind can practice on thinking good things. The use of language can help you to change your mind into a positive mind
- Breathe: If you just breathe, just give yourself a moment to pause and really feel what you’re living, what those moments are you going through will help you to get through it…
Look, I know how hard it is to stay productive nowadays… I had to move houses and then when we finally moved we had an issue with bugs in the house. I am living with my parents and my family as I write this... in the middle of a pandemic just because we had to do it. We are of course being so careful but things happen sometimes and you just gotta deal with it...
The truth is that I haven’t been as productive as I wish I could be, I haven’t been able to write as much as I would have liked…. I’m behind due to everything that is going on. My parents and my husband help with the kids, but ultimately, they’re my kids and I have to take care of them. They are my reason for living, so I just do it with a smile on my face.
It’s not always pretty, we all have ups and downs. What does stay the same is my attitude and no matter what, things will get done!
So, if you want to share, tell me below, with everything that’s going on in the world right now, what’s your single biggest challenge when it comes to improving your productivity that you’d like help with?
I’ll be reading every answer!
All my best!!