It has been hard the last few days. I haven't been able to articulate what to say in regards to COVID-19... Today I would like to share this message:
A few positive things about the Coronavirus situation...
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate the virus and hate what people are going through. Staying home with the kids and working from home is so hard, but as a positive person I want to share a few thoughts:
1. Taking My Time >>> For the first time in a long time (or ever) I haven't been rushing my kids to get out of the house to get to school. We wake up early 6:00am or 7:00am, but we lounge, we watch TV, we have breakfast together. I don't have to spend time making lunches, making the beds, etc... And then we go outside to play or for a walk... A much nicer way to spend the morning than rushing...
2. Pray >>> For the first time in a long time, I am praying more. I used to connect to Gd so easily, but then life got in the way. This virus is getting me to ask Gd for things in more ways than I had before.
3. It's Ok To Be HOME: >>> It's showing me that I can stay home and still be a sane person. When I would stay home for a whole day I would go crazy. It has been a few days and I haven't gone out too much, and I'm still sane and I'm taking ONE DAY AT A TIME!
4. Appreciation >>> It is teaching me to appreciate every moment and every person. Finding out that a friend from high school has the virus, made me very sad, but also made me think that we truly need to appreciate all the time we get to be with the people that we love... (Praying for him and his family)
5. Trust: >>> Teaching me to trust my gut. I cancelled a trip to Mexico and didn't get to go to my cousin's wedding. That decision was very hard, but looking back, it was the right decision. I wouldn't have been able to be prepared to be home with my family.
6. Opportunity: >>> As my business mentors have said time and time again, "Every challenge represents an even greater opportunity." Opportunity is around us, the world is changing. It's time for us to reach our goals and reach our potential.
7. Collaboration: >>> The world can collaborate with each other. Countries are collaborating and sharing information on how to combat this virus. We can do the same and build a better world.