What is YOUR Miracle?
Last week I posted a story about a miracle… Click here to read. Now, let’s apply this mindset to our lives…
When you look at your life, you see the challenges and struggles that you have to solve, do you ever wonder about YOUR miracle?
It can be something that you experienced, something that moves you, something that motivates you. A miracle by definition from Merriam-Webster is:
“1: An extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs.” OR “2: An extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment.”
We read in the Bible or spiritual books about miracles all the time, but let’s focus on the miracles that we can see today.
Every day is a miracle… The sun rising every single day, the flowers flourishing in the parks, the birth of a baby. Every day we see “extremely outstanding or unusual events” – except that we see it ALL the time. Does that make it unusual?
The miracles that we read in the Bible are all wonderful and we can learn so much from them, but I would like to focus on the miracles (or moments that you can consider a miracle) of today, even if they are not of the same magnitude.
Take a moment today to see a miracle in your life. You can be your miracle. So many people struggle at work to put food on the table. So many people struggle day by day in order to provide for their families. They sometimes work in 2 – 3 jobs. Now, that’s a miracle.
The mother who takes care of her children, has a full time job, takes the kids to all after school activities, manages to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day is a miracle. – Even if it’s done every single day.
The miracles that I am referring to are about outstanding and amazing accomplishments, moments that make you feel like you can conquer the world or simply thoughts that keep you moving… Of course, miracles in the sense of the word might not be visible all the time, but let’s bring that word to something that we can understand.
Use that as motivation to keep you moving.
Here are some examples:
- Living 10 minutes away from someone and rekindle a relationship after seeing him/her around town… How amazing?!?! Such a miracle to be at the exact time and place for you both to meet.
- How about the time when you were having a horrible day – your boss not happy with your work, you’re constantly under pressure, and you just feel exhausted from trying so hard… When all of a sudden something happens – a friend called, or your spouse surprised you with something. You feel like that’s a miracle.
- There are also the moments when all of a sudden you either get a bonus at work or a compliment on your work performance.
- How about when you take the first step to reach your goal. You thought it was going to be impossible, but hey! – You MADE IT HAPPEN!
- Realizing everything you have and everything you’ve worked for and acquiring the confidence that you needed to take an extra step.
So my question to you is, what is your miracle? Have you even thought about that? Is it how far you’ve come to reach your goal? The improvements you have made and the changes you’ve implemented?
Not everyone has been to where you have been, not everyone has had the same struggles you have overcome. You are a miracle.
Take a moment to thank yourself and life for knowing that miracles exist. Count your blessings and your accomplishments. A positive mind creates positive change, so feel your miracles. 🙂
Let me know what you think in the comments below. I’d love to know how you respond to situations and how you see the miracles in your life. 🙂